Cultures and Coutures banner

Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just when you think you'll never have it... There it is.




Recently last summer when I started making afternoon espresso's (and not adding milk thus turning them into cappuccinos... and thus needing a different type of cup), my mum pulled out her demi tasses which were a gift from her friend back when she was living in Austria.
There are two of them, and they remind her of a time of her life, and now I've used them while at home.
So being the sentimentalist that I am, I made it a goal while I'm giving here to get my own demi tasse.
There's a little shop on the way downtown that I've stopped in and spoken french with the woman who runs it (my italian is terrible... or at least worse than my french!) and I really love what she sells in there but it's SO expensive. One plain white espresso cup is over 24 francs! (not my cup of....espresso)
Nonetheless I passed the 2nd hand shop on the way down to get gelato today, and I saw some beautiful demi tasses. Let me just explain that the "2nd hand" shop is a beautiful boutique on the cobblestones and usually the least expensive item there is over 80 fr.
I mentioned to the small group of friends the whole I want my own demi tasse cups and my friend piped right up and said she has a mess load and I can have how ever many I want. Apparently her parents were staying at a bed and breakfast here when they came to visit her and mentioned to the owners that she is trying to set up her apartment and furnish a kitchen. So they gave them a mess load of extra demi tasse cups.
Sometimes he who asks will receive.
This morning, I'm drinking my espresso from a story of friends and coincidences.
CHIN CHIN.
G

No comments:

Post a Comment